Program Tutor - Fall 2023
Type of Job
About the Job
Program Tutor - Fall 2023
REC is hiring Program Tutor positions for the 2023-2024 academic year for programs at the following locations: Multiple locations
(Currently taking applications for the fall 2023 school year)
Riverside Educational Center (REC) is a private, non-profit corporation 501(c)(3) that has been serving the community since 2006, providing structured tutoring and diverse extra-curricular activities in the after school hours for academically and financially qualifying 1st-12th grade students in order to improve academic achievement and foster positive social and emotional development in a safe and supportive environment.
The Program Site Staff position requires individuals interested in impacting the lives of students through academic, enrichment, and social and emotional support activities. Each tutor will engage in one-on one or small group tutoring sessions in the after-school hours and through enrichment activities both on and off site.
Physical demands associated with tutoring and enrichment activities may include: sitting, standing, walking, alternative sitting or standing at will, lifting or carrying up to 25lbs, pushing/pulling, stooping, crouching, kneeling, crawling, and or climbing.
● Assist students during program time with homework and structured academic support.
● Assist with selection and preparation of academic support materials for students.
● Engage with students to mentor and develop a positive relationship.
● Supervise and engage with students during recess time.
● Arrange materials in rooms to meet the needs of the students, staff, and volunteers.
● Assist with set up of programming space prior to programming and cleaning up programming space at the end of each programming day following the vendor usage guidelines required by D51.
● Be an active participant in the Positive Behavior Support (PBS) policy.
● Participate in enrichment programming activities with students in a variety of capacities on campus and in the community.
● Attend REC program site weekly staff meetings.
● Complete training hours provided by REC.
● Other duties as assigned.
● Strong academic knowledge base
● Leadership skills a must
● Ability to interact with people of all ages and cultural backgrounds
● Ability to work independently and as part of a team
● Effective oral and written communication skills
● Strong ability to multi-task
● Prefer individual who has experience working with at-risk youth
● True desire to impact the lives of children in our community
● Bilingual skills beneficial, but not mandatory
● 10-12 Hours a week
● Elementary Dos Rios and Rocky Mountain: Tues- Thurs 4-6:15pm, Fri 2-6:00pm; Fruitvale Tues-Thurs 4-5:45, Fri 2-5:45pm; Riverside Elementary Program: M-Th 4:5:30pm; Clifton Elementary Tues-Thurs 4 6:00pm, Fri 2-6:00pm
● Middle and High Schools: Mon-Thu 3:15-5:30pm + occasional 6-8 additional hours/month (Saturdays or Mondays when kids are off school).
● Limited Part-time position during the school year. Follows the school year (two, 14-week semesters) and an optional three-week summer program
● $16-$18.00/hr. (based on experience)
● $18-$20/hr (Senior Level Tutor)
● Benefits: As a standalone job, only : Accrued HFWA Sick Leave (1hr Sick Leave/30 worked, maximum 48 hrs per year.)