Site Staff- Multiple Positions Available (August start date)
Type of Job
About the Job
REC is hiring Site Staff positions for the 2020-21 academic year for programs at the following locations: Fruitvale Elementary, Grand Mesa Middle School, Orchard Mesa Middle School and Bookcliff Middle School.
The Program Site Staff position requires individuals interested in impacting the lives of students through academic, enrichment, and social and emotional support activities. Each Site Staff will engage in one-on one or small group tutoring sessions in the after-school hours and through enrichment activities both on and off site.
Assist students during program time with homework and structured academic support.
Assist with selection and preparation of academic support materials for students.
Engage with students to mentor and develop a positive relationship.
Supervise and engage with students during recess time.
Arrange materials in rooms to meet the needs of the students, staff, and volunteers.
Assist with set up of programming space prior to programming and cleaning up programming space at the end of each programming day following the vendor usage guidelines required by D51.
Be an active participant in the Positive Behavior Support (PBS) policy.
Participate in enrichment programming activities with students in a variety of capacities on campus and in the community.
Attend REC program site weekly staff meetings. • Complete training hours provided by REC.
Other duties as assigned
• Strong academic knowledge base
• Leadership skills a must
• Ability to interact with people of all ages and cultural backgrounds
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Effective oral and written communication skills
• Strong ability to multi-task
• Prefer individual who has experience working with at-risk youth
• True desire to impact the lives of children in our community
• Bilingual skills beneficial, but not mandatory
• 10-12 Hours a Week
• Dos Rios, Clifton, Fruitvale and Rocky Mountain Elementary: Tues, Wed, Thurs 4-6pm; Fri 4-6pm
• Dual Immersion Academy: Mon-Thurs 4-5:30pm
• Orchard Mesa, Bookcliff, Grand Mesa and Mt. Garfield Middle Schools: Mon-Thurs 3:15-5:30pm + occasional 8 additional hours/month (Saturdays or Mondays when kids off school).
• Part-time position following two, 12-week semesters and a three-week summer program