SEL/Outdoor Program Facilitators
Type of Job
About the Job
REC is hiring a SEL (Social Emotional Learning)/Outdoor Program Facilitator for the 2020-21 academic year for our various programs. A Program Facilitator is responsible for facilitating either the Strong Kids, a social and emotional learning curriculum, and active programming to groups of 12-18 middle and/or high school students over the course of twelve weeks or the Botvin LifeSkills Training to groups of Elementary, Middle and High School over the course of the school year. The programming is structured with a Facilitator and a Site Support Staff. Both will be trained, supervised, and monitored by the SEL/Outdoor Program Coordinator. Programming occurs at four elementary schools, four middle schools, and two high school locations.
● Implement an effective session.
● Support and engage with youth dealing with personal issues.
● Setting group norms and managing student behavior. ● Prepping in advance for weekly session and active programming activity.
● Communication with parents when needed.
● Engaging with students in Active Programming.
● Assisting with implementing surveys and helping to track data.
● Other duties as assigned
● Education and work experience in Social Services, Behavioral Health or Health Care field
● Proficiency in MS Office and email
● Prefer individual experienced working with at-risk youth
● Strong leadership and organizational skills
● Ability to interact with people of all ages and cultural backgrounds
● Ability to work independently and as part of a team
● Effective oral and written communication skills
● Spanish speaker a plus
● Ability to drive a 14-passenger bus preferred. No special license needed.
● Part-time 18-22 hrs/wk, work follows the school year- 12 weeks in the Fall semester, 12 weeks in the Spring
● $16-18 per hour
● Programming could extend further than the two twelve week sessions if falls around times when kids off of
school for breaks. Ie: Thanksgiving, Christmas, spring break, summer program (first three weeks of June).
Multiple sessions run throughout the entire year.
● Active Programming definition: hiking, biking, yoga, drumming, art, etc. Programming occurs on and
● Facilitators hired to work at one or more locations based on availability.